Thursday, August 9, 2012

Beautiful Ones Interview 2012


Interview with Tevita, enjoy! check out the "BIRTH OF DESIRE" 7'' out now on 6131 Records.
best last words xCMx has ever had haha

OK so how did TBO get together?

Me and Spencer were in a band and Anthony was playing in another band. Me and Spence wanted to start something new and that hadn't been done in AZ. We asked Anthony and he already had some riffs. We jammed an d' the rest is history.

How did you guys get picked up by 6131?


Some friends of ours were telling Joey about us and we had just played Sound & Fury for ou
r first time. We were playing a fest here in AZ that Joey attended and after our set, later on in the day, he asked us if we wanted to put some records out on 6131 and we said yeah.

Hows it been working with joey?

It's been awesome. He's given us so much opportunity and also room to grow as musicians. He's a great dude and we love working with him.

What made you write "true to me"?

There's times that I'm just thinking to myself, "Man, my mom is amazing and I really love her" But I never tell her. She's given me and my sister so much love and worked her ass off for us. We work our asses off with this band and I wanted to recognize her and have her be in a song that's forever.

Can you tell us whats "down" about?
Down is about a couple failed relationships and why they failed. I was young and these were just unhealthy to the point where we never wanted to be around anybody. Ever. I grew out of that and they didn't. I didn't want to be a crutch for people's insecurities and fall apart with them.

Now that the 7" is out anything new in the works?
So far, just ideas and the birth of young riffs haha.

Did you guys enjoy s&f this year?
Oh yes. It was so much fun not being a nervous wreck this year. We were still nervous, dont get me wrong. Just super excited I guess. It's awesome being at a fest in what seems like paradise. Perfect weather, friends from all over the country. There really isn't a more FUN fest.

Can we expect any los angeles/cali dates soon?
Nothing is for sure right now but I'm sure we'll be put there. Southern California has become our second home so there's no doubt, we'll be back soon.

Bands you support?
Bent Life, Wreck, Overlooked, The whole Cali Crew, all the midwest bands, Born Low, Hardside, Fire and Ice, Friend or Foe, Tough Luck.

Last words?
Listen to more Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment