Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dead In The Dirt Interview 2012



Here's a D.I.T.D interview i did with Blake! here you go diggity dawgs. if you're not into this band your fucking up! interviews in the works, just waiting for replies: focusedxminds, dead end path, godstomper and chainsaw to the face

how did DITD start?

I started the band in 2008, alone, shortly after hank was added on drums. Bo was added after VOLD was released.

how did you guys enjoy your tour with spine and weekend nachos?

 We always enjoy sharing the road with the Nachos guys, its pretty difficult to find people you work well with on the road, and enjoy in the music we make. We didn't get a lot of time to spend with SPINE but I will say i was blown away with their live show and music. They are the only band I have seen in years that have put even the slightest bit of faith back in hardcore. I know it's just an isolated incident, but it is great that at least one band gets it.

what did you think about the LA show at the mime? 


I really didn't know what to expect, it was a pretty stressful situation from start to finish, I don't think the venue was really meant to house that type of show. I had a great time, but I also had the privilege to go outside, I don't think I have ever experienced a show that hot/humid.
There were also some pretty interesting characters there, I saw a dude do a line of coke off DNF's van, and then the same dude while we were playing had his hand an inch away from my face flicking me off haha. I was really pleased with attendance and with quality of bands that played. 


when can we see you guys back in LA/cali? 

 I don't think we will be on the west coast for awhile, we are slowing down our year after september. We are currently writing for a new full length, so we will be concentrating on that for the rest of the year.

whats up with DITD in terms of new releases and touring? 


We are currently 4 songs in to upcoming full length, it is slow and tedious, but hopefully we come up with a decent record. I am excited to add new elements and try new things on this one.

what influences DITD musically and lyrically? 


This is a pretty tough question to answer, it really takes something unique to spark my writing, lyrically and musically. I try to make each song stand out, but also be cohesive with the rest of the songs on the album. It's always something small that my mind expands into a idea for a part or a lyric.

have you guys felt alienated from the punk/hc community for being outspoken vegans and straight edge?
 


Absolutely, ignorance is everywhere. It's always the same dick heads that argue about what genre a band falls into, or won't like a band because of how they dress. I think anyone with strong beliefs has the ability to make people feel uncomfortable, because most don't know what the fuck they are doing and can never admit that they are wrong. We are straightedge and vegan because to us there is no other way, and if we are separated from certain scenes or shows, so be it.
 any other bands you guy are involved in that people should check out?
what current bands you support? Hank plays in Foundation. Bo and I only do this band. Bands we support are(but not limited to): Weekend Nachos, Heartless, Torch Runner, Baptists, Ex-Breathers, Clinging to the trees of a Forest Fire, Deathrite, INTHESHIT, In Disgust, Bastard Deceiver, HATE, Spine etc. All those bands are great and make from awesome people.

any last words? 


GRIND FOR LIFE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment