Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Supreme Team: Reign Supreme Interview 2012




OK so i originally had intended for this interview and all my interviews for that matter to be read on my D.I.Y zine(USELESS SYSTEM... pretty punk right??) that never saw the light of day. so due to my incompetence i just decided to give up and post them on a blog so everyone could read these interviews. this interview was conducted via e-mail. jay was nice enough to answer and well... here you go.

Who's In the Band So far?


I'm Jay, I sing, Dave plays guitar, Klint plays bass, Randall plays drums, and Mikey plays guitar. Eric is our tour manager/merch girl.

Why Don't You Guys Play A lot?

We all are pursuing degrees, or have real jobs that require us to be present physically. We still gig fairly often, but we have to carefully balance that with other things that we have going on in our lives. Hopefully 2012 will be kinder to us in terms of time available for touring!

Are guys In Any Other Bands?

A few of us are jamming, trying to get some other projects together, but nothing really set in stone just yet. I do occasionally play guitar for The Wrong Side.

Are You Guys Working On Anything New ?

Yes, we just finished recording the music for a new EP entitled "Sky Burial". It'll be out this spring on Mediaskare Records. Additionally, we've begun roughly discussing and jamming on ideas for a follow up LP to our 2009 release, "Testing the Limits of Infinite".

When Are You Guys Coming Back to The West Coast?

Probably June/July 2012. We are trying to make a FULL North American tour happen, but it's sort of contingent upon band members and what their obligations entail.

How Was The Reaction To The New LP?


I think most people were pretty into it. Critically, it was well received, although at this point, I'm really over the songs, and ready to record and play new stuff. We are all different people than we were when we recorded the last record, so I think the newer stuff is more representative of the type of music that we enjoy. It's less traditional, far more experimental and exciting.

What Do You Guys Do Outside Reign Supreme

I'm a personal trainer, and I spend a lot of time traveling on my motorcycle, exercising, in school, getting tattoos, writing music, reading, and hanging out with my friends. The other dudes are all into fairly similar stuff, we're pretty low-key guys. Basically, we do all the stuff we have to do to live when we're not gigging, and when we are gigging, that's when we're really living.


Up next WEEKEND NACHOS!


No comments:

Post a Comment